How Do I Take the Accuplacer Test?
The Accuplacer is a placement exam SCC uses to help you decide which courses will be a "best fit" for you to take. To decide if you need to take the Accuplacer, speak to an advisor prior to signing up for classes. Your advisor will help you determine which sections of the test you should take.
Once you've spoken to your advisor, email the testing center at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a testing appointment.
When you email, you'll need to give the center the following information:
- Your name (first and last)
- Your address (street/city/state/zip code)
- Your SCC ID number
- Your telephone number
- Your date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Which section(s) of the exam you will be taken (give to you by your advisor)
- Which days of the week work best for you for you (list days, Mon-Thurs)
- Whether you would like a morning or an afternoon appointment
- The name of your academic advisor
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently administering the ACCUPLACER remotely via Zoom. To take the test, you will need a computer (desktop or laptop) with a webcam and audio capabilities.